Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One more step and we have a law!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long but life went and got busy on me :) Anyway, good news, actually GREAT news! It appears that our bill, HB2361 is reaching the finish line and should be signed by Governor McDonnell hopefully next week. This has definitely been a learning experience and a very interesting journey and I've enjoyed every moment of it.

It was empowering to speak before the house especially for someone like myself who still struggles with self confidence. Being in an abusive relationship can destroy a person and at one point "Brandy Charles" was destroyed... But thank God "Brandy Bond" is back and stronger than ever! Speaking of... My transformation is complete! Last week I received my social security card with the name "Brandy Mariah Bond" printed on it. To some that might sound insignificant, but when your stripped of your identity by an abusive spouse, it feels great to rid yourself of the last name attached to the pain and become who you were before the abusive marriage.

Please keep your eye out for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment