Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Making progress in the General Assembly

Yesterday evening my partner, Karl Hindle and I testified before the Courts of Justice house committee in regards to our proposed bill HB 2361. It was very intimidating at first and the meeting room had a "courtroom feel" to it. Standing at the podium my left leg began to have a nervous quiver like Thumper from the movie Bambi. However I gained my composure and pressed on.

Karl's speech was right on, as usual. I felt that the committee responded well to us and I feel very optimistic about the fate of our bill. I met Delegate McClellan and as I envisioned, she was very pleasant and I admire her for what she does.

This journey has been very empowering for me. In an email this past October my children's father made the smug comment, " You think you can change laws!" Well with the way things are looking, I might be able to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment