Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A successful day in court :)

Today a hearing was held to decide who would hold our daughters passports. I requested that the court or a GAL hold the passports but the judge stated that the request was irrelevant since Jasmine and Lily went to India and returned. I expressed my concern further and then decided to throw a "curve ball" requesting that our daughters' father's attorney hold the passports. The judge said that she would grant my request.

I have always been a "black and white" person, all or nothing, but I have come to realize that some is better than nothing. In regard to today's hearing... I didn't get "exactly" what I wanted but I did get what I wanted, for our daughters' passports to be held by someone other than us. I feel that their passports will be safe with our children's father's attorney despite the fact that he represents their father.

All in all today WAS successful. And like so many people, strangers have told me, things will get better! The puzzle pieces are coming together and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment